A Friendly Environment!
Please help us where you can!
We encourage recycling:
- We supply reusable shopping bags in each property.
- The water is drinkable – no need to buy bottled water.
- There are compost bins in the garden.
- There is a collection point in village for glass, metal, plastic and paper.
- We’ll send your wine corks for recyling too!
Reducing the use of harmful products:
- Soft water to all properties reduces the use of anti-calcium chemicals.
- The swimming pool uses a saline water treatment system which uses less chemicals and is kinder to sensitive skins.
- Environmentally friendly washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, toilet cleaner and general purpose cleaners.
- Steam cleaned bathrooms and UV vacuum for upholstery.
- Solar heating for domestic water in the main house.
- Solar shower by the swimming pool.
- ‘A’ rated electrical equipment for energy efficiency.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- A ‘Pool Dome’ minimises loss of water by evaporation
- Our ‘Pool Dome’ retains the water heat without using extra energy.
- Geothermic heating and hot water.
- Photo voltaic panels generating electricity
- A short walk to the café-bar.
- A well stocked village shop.
- Two local farm-shops for fresh produce.
- Home made ice-cream and sorbets.
- Fresh eggs from our chickens.
- Bikes are available.